Re: Postgres Partitions not working with hibernate 4.1.6.Final

From: "Freddie Burgess" <fburgess(at)radiantblue(dot)com>
To: "'Jaime Casanova'" <jaime(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Partitions not working with hibernate 4.1.6.Final
Date: 2012-09-25 21:34:20
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Jaime,

We have our partitioning setup exactly like the instructions in
ddl-partitioning.html and prior to the upgrade to Hibernate 4.1.6 ingest was
working flawlessly as long as we set the
hibernate.jdbc.factory_class=im.empl.core.service.ingest.postgres.PostgresPa
rtitionBatcherFactory in Hibernate. If we comment out this setting in our
old configuration using Hibernate 3.2.2.GA inserts into our partitioned
tables breaks as well.

I'm not sure how org.hibernate.jdbc.Batcher is affecting partition inserts.

I previously omitted the return call to the PostgresPartitionBatcher module
component to the batcher process.

package im.empl.cores.service.ingest.postgres;

import java.lang.reflect.Field;
import java.sql.PreparedStatement;
import java.sql.SQLException;

import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
import org.hibernate.HibernateException;
import org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.batch.spi.Batch;
import org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.batch.spi.BatchKey;
import org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.batch.spi.BatchObserver;
import org.hibernate.engine.jdbc.spi.JdbcCoordinator;

public class PostgresPartitionBatcher implements Batch

{

private static Logger logger =
Logger.getLogger("PostgresPartitionBatcher");

protected void doExecuteBatch() {

try {
/*
* use reflection to access the private field of the
super class
* ugly but necessary
*/
Field field =
this.getClass().getSuperclass().getDeclaredField(
"batchSize");
field.setAccessible(true);

int batchSize = field.getInt(this);
if (batchSize != 0) {
try {
// ps.executeBatch();
}
catch (RuntimeException re) {
throw re;
}
finally {
batchSize = 0;
field.setInt(
this,
batchSize);
}
}
}
catch (Exception e) {
logger.error("Batch execution failed.", e);
throw new HibernateException(
"Unable to execute batch.");
}
}

@Override
public void addObserver(BatchObserver arg0) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

}

@Override
public void addToBatch() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

}

@Override
public void execute() {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

}

@Override
public PreparedStatement getBatchStatement(String arg0, boolean
arg1) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub
return null;
}