Re: trigger : emulate "instead of" with before ?

From: "Matthew Nuzum" <cobalt(at)bearfruit(dot)org>
To: "'Albrecht Berger'" <berger1517(at)gmx(dot)ch>, "'pgsql'" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: trigger : emulate "instead of" with before ?
Date: 2003-06-13 13:09:52
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm not a postgres expert, and I certainly don't know the details of your
situation, but it seems to me you may want to use a rule instead of a
trigger.

Then, you can intercept the delete query and simply re-write it to be an
update query that sets your deleted flag.

--
Matthew Nuzum
www.bearfruit.org