Executing SQL commands via triggers without the use of procedures

From: "Susan Hoddinott" <susan(at)perth(dot)dialix(dot)com(dot)au>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Executing SQL commands via triggers without the use of procedures
Date: 2003-02-28 06:31:12
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello,

Having scoured the relevant documentation I cannot find anything which indicates how I simply create a database trigger to insert into a second table after insert on a first table, without the use of a procedure. As I do not want return values etc. this seems like overkill. Is it possible to create a trigger which executes SQL directly without the need to create a procedure? If so, what is the syntax?

Regards

Attachment Content-Type Size
Susan Hoddinott.vcf application/octet-stream 171 bytes