Re: eventlog fix

From: "Laurent Ballester" <postgresql(dot)ballester(at)wanadoo(dot)fr>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: eventlog fix
Date: 2004-06-16 07:25:44
Lists: pgsql-patches

> Would you send me documentation explaining how to register this DLL with
> the event logger on Win32? Ideally you could send me a diff against
> installation.sgml.

Hello Bruce,

After the DLL was in it target directory (C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\lib with
make install)

You can register the DLL to windows event log with the command

Regsvr32 pgevent.dll or regsvr32 /s pgevent.dll whish is a silent mode.

To uninstall, regsvr32 /u pgevent.dll will delete key add by the DLL in
Windows registry.

The DLL create the following entry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Eventlog\Application\P
ostgreSQL] with two values :

EventMessageFile wish contains full path of DLL
C:\msys\1.0\local\pgsql\lib\pgevent.dll

TypesSupported : error type message send by postgresql

Regsvr32 is a standard program located in %systemroot%\system32

Regards

Laurent Ballester