RE: static global variable openLogOff in xlog.c seems no longer used

From: "Takashi Menjo" <menjo(dot)takashi(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "'Michael Paquier'" <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, <ishizaki(dot)teruaki(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: RE: static global variable openLogOff in xlog.c seems no longer used
Date: 2019-01-29 08:46:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Michael Paquier wrote:
> It seems to me that keeping openLogOff is still useful to get a report
> about the full chunk area being written if the data gets written in
> multiple chunks and fails afterwards. Your patch would modify the
> report so as only the area with the partial write is reported. For
> debugging, having a static reference is also useful in my opinion.

I agree with you on both error reporting and debugging. Now that you
mention it, I find that my patch modifies ereport...

When I wrote a patchset to xlog.c (in another email thread), I thought that
this can be fixed. But now I understand it is not a simple thing. Thank
you.

Regards,
Takashi

--
Takashi Menjo - NTT Software Innovation Center
<menjo(dot)takashi(at)lab(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>