Doubt about performance of my db design

From: "Gustavo" <gustavor(at)intercomgi(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Doubt about performance of my db design
Date: 2007-02-16 15:45:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi

I have a doubt about the performance of my db design . I have this situation:

- One schema base containing 20 tables whit data of all users of my system. (These tables will contain a lot of rows (millions)). The data of each user is
independent of the rest
- One schema per user with a view of the schema base containing only the data of this user.

It is a good design? how efficient Does Postgree manage these big views?

In the other hand, i have another idea:

- One schema whith the 20 tables and one schema per user whith tables that make inheritance of these.

If i do that, i avoid to make views.

What design is the best?

Thanks, in advance

Gustavo ( sorry for my english)