RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "PostgreSQL Development" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Don Baccus" <dhogaza(at)pacifier(dot)com>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Happy column dropping
Date: 2000-01-25 06:46:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If so,it's very serious.
ADD COLUMN feature is much more important than other ALTER TABLE
options and it's also important to implement it without touching the table
as possible.
It seems to me that each tuple has t_natts and t_hoff for the change of
table definition.

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp