Transaction logfiles

From: Gunnar Lindholm <gunix(at)telia(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Transaction logfiles
Date: 2000-12-14 20:16:52
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello.

I wonder if it is possible to find a log somewhere over all transactions that
is performed in a pgsql database.
Where is it and how can I access it?
Is it possible then to set up a backup procedure that will allow me to get a
consistent point of the database and then step forward with the transaction
logs?

Has anybody done this with Postgres, please tell me about your experience.

Best wishes
Gunnar.