database design tools.

From: "Paul Gimpelj" <pgimpelj(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: database design tools.
Date: 2004-05-22 02:18:42
Lists: pgsql-admin

hi,

I was wondering if someone can give me some advice.

I presently use pgaccess tcl based.

But I would prefer a c or c++ client server admin , somewhat like mssql server enterprise edition.

I am new to linux. so can anyone direct me to details documentation on accessing postgresql from a c/gnome frontend.; The header files etc.and any necessary libs, or can all, even system table actions be done via listening port? is there a project on the go?

I am interested in all functions and triggers and rules etc, maintenance.

As a development environment, I may try anjuta version 1.01 + since it runs on rh73

thanks

paul