Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance tests

From: "Balazs Wellisch" <balazs(at)neusolutions(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance tests
Date: 2003-08-28 05:21:23
Lists: pgsql-performance

Bill,

Very interesting results. I'd like to command you on your honesty.
Having started out with the intentions of proving that FreeBSD is faster
than Linux only to find that the opposite is true must not have been
rewarding for you. However, these unexpected results serve only to
reinforce the integrity of your tests.

Thanks for all the work.

Balazs