postgreSQL functions and postgres JDBC

From: "Per Ivansson" <pi(at)tric(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: postgreSQL functions and postgres JDBC
Date: 2001-11-22 17:29:55
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,
I'm looking for an "easy" way to change DB server from MS SQL Server to
PostgreSQL. The site is using servlets that calls stored procedures.

As I understand it postgreSQL functions can only return a basic datatype
while stored procedures in MS SQL Server return recordsets that can be
retrieved from the Jdbc:Odbc bridge into Java ResultSet:

ResultSet rs=cstmt.executeQuery();

My question is: How does this work with postgres JDBC. Do your just make a
CallableStatement end execute the query (name of the function and
parameters) the same way, and if so, what do I get back? A ResultSet with 1
row and 1 column?

Greatful for an answer.

/Per