primary key and indexing

From: "Sharmad Naik" <sharmad(at)im(dot)eth(dot)net>
To: "PGSQL-SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: primary key and indexing
Date: 2001-01-19 09:21:55
Lists: pgsql-sql

I m sorry If anyone has already asked this Q earlier
I wanted to know

Q1. Whether I can have another key on which the table is indexed even though i have a primary key..Then how would the data be accessed according to primary key or the indexed key of my choice or i can index as per my choice ( primary / index key)?

Q2. If possible can anybody tell me how to get the script given in the e-book of Postresql be interpreted in Perl i.e
perl <name of file>
gives an error that Pg is not connected to Dbase