Can't connect with ODBC

From: "Michael Moss" <michael(at)bstudios(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Can't connect with ODBC
Date: 1998-04-23 16:34:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

I apologize if this is a repost, but it's been awhile since I posted it and
I haven't seen it in the newsgroup yet, so I'm afraid it didn't go through.
I tried to post directly to the newsgroup. Is that not allowed? Anyhow, on
to my problem.

I installed the Insight ODBC driver, but I can't seem to connect using
Access 97. I keep getting an error of "User authentication failed (#10)".
I'm not sure that I have everything setup properly. Is there a checklist of
some sort that I can use to test my configuration?

Here's what I've tested:
- I telnet to the Linux box on port 5432 and it connects, so postmaster
seems to be taking connections.
- I can use psql on the Linux box, under my username, to connect to a little
test database I created, so I think my privileges are setup properly
- I tried all three DSN types (user, system, and file) and they all had the
same result.
- Tried on an NT system and a Win95 system with no luck

I don't know enough about it to debug any more than that. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Michael Moss
Blackbox Studios

(remove "-no-spam" from my address if you wish to reply by e-mail)