Re: problems with configure

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problems with configure
Date: 2000-11-08 21:43:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Mié 08 Nov 2000 18:17, Tom Lane wrote:

> I guess we not only need a hack, but a nastygram or three sent off to
> the Solaris people. void *? What in heavens name were they thinking?
> That essentially means you've got no parameter type checking at all
> on calls to accept() --- or any other socket function that takes a
> socklen_t. Pass the wrong-size integer, you're out of luck ... silently.
> Sheesh.

I have to say that I'm totally with you on the thoughts about Solaris's
implementation. It's not the first time I have problems compiling. Trying to
compile KDE2-alpha some time ago I had to hack on of the ICE headers which
had some sort of problem trying to determine the size of ... I can't remember
what, so even Open windows has it's bugs, which aren't fixxed in Solaris 8.

To finish, which would be the status all this Solaris + Postgres cvs stuff?

Saludos... :-)

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar