replication

From: "Peter T(dot) Brown" <peter(at)memeticsystems(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: replication
Date: 2002-01-10 22:27:07
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hello

I want to add replication capabilities to my postgresql installation. Can
anyone recommend a good way (open source or otherwise) to do so?

Basically, I have a web tracking application that must quickly and reliably
store massive amounts of tracking data. Later, I run complex queries to
analyze this tracking data. These complex queries tend to be very resource
intensive, so I'd like to have them run on a separate machine altogether. I
need a simple and reliable method to 'copy' any data added to the tracking
database to the analysis database. Preferably, I'd be able to configure this
copy process to defer to high priority queries or to be considerate of the
time of day.

Thanks,

Peter T. Brown