DBI -> remote host?

From: "Steve Wolfe" <steve(at)iboats(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: DBI -> remote host?
Date: 2000-11-01 21:00:18
Lists: pgsql-general

I apologize upfront for this message. I'm under the gun, and things
aren't looking good.

If anyone has experience using DBI to connect to a PostgreSQL database
that is on a different machine, I could use some help. One of our packages
(purchased by management...) needs to be migrated ASAP. I looked in the
code to find where it connects, and changed it to:

DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=hyperseek;host=10.0.1.100;port=5432")

It does connect - but does not retrieve any data. It doesn't seem to be a
permissions issue, the database is owned by the user that is connecting.
Any ideas?

steve