binary data and TEXT

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: PostgreSQL Users <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: binary data and TEXT
Date: 2000-10-26 12:29:24
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi, I have a par of questions.

1) I've read alot abot the 8K row limitation on pgsql. What would happen if I
had a table defined with two columns, one serial and the other TEXT, and in
one insert the texct that goes in the column with type TEXT has 80K or even
more?

2) Is it posible to storage binary data in the database? I've been looking
for a byte type in the manuals with no luck at all.

Thanks.

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martín Marqués email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar