starting postmaster problems

From: Mike White <jmwhite(at)mail(dot)hot1(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: starting postmaster problems
Date: 2000-10-13 02:15:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have not been able to get the postmaster to start at boot time. Although I
have the postgres script in /etc/rc.d/init.d and at boot time the words
"starting postgres" are displayed, it still will not work. I have tried
starting the postmaster as a user, but that will not work either. I can
however, start postmaster as the postgres super user. Can someone help me get
the startup at boot time fixed?

Thanks