Trigger is not firing immediately

From: "Praveen" <praveen(dot)k(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Trigger is not firing immediately
Date: 2008-07-14 06:34:49
Lists: pgsql-performance

Hi All,
I am having a trigger in table, If I update the the table manually trigger is firing immediately(say 200ms per row), But if I update the table through procedure the trigger is taking time to fire(say 7 to 10 seconds per row).

Please tell me what kind of changes can I make so that trigger fire immediately while updating the table through procedure ?

Regards,
Praveen