Re: BUG #3876: Problems migrating databases

From: "J6M" <j6m(at)adm(dot)estp(dot)fr>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Ruben Camargo Gomez" <rubencamargogomez(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BUG #3876: Problems migrating databases
Date: 2008-01-15 19:21:35
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi,

Dis you take a look at the Postgres release notes and at the section of
postgresql.conf on compatibility with previous releases ? (see below)

# VERSION/PLATFORM COMPATIBILITY

#add_missing_from = off
#backslash_quote = safe_encoding # on, off, or safe_encoding
#default_with_oids = off
#escape_string_warning = off
#regex_flavor = advanced # advanced, extended, or basic
#sql_inheritance = on

It is hence probably possible to bypass some of your problems, giving you
time to rewrite the offending queries/functions.