Re: issue using dts and odbc driver with unicode

From: "Joel Fradkin" <jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com>
To: "'Dave Page'" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: issue using dts and odbc driver with unicode
Date: 2005-08-09 12:40:31
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Dave,

Thanks for the response.

It worked ok for two of the four file dumps in the dts it was dumping so
maybe it is a specific field type.

The specific error was unable to bind (makes me think the columns some how
get reported differently from when you define the dts and when the query
runs, but cant say for sure; I did try and recreate the process in case it
involved a change in the tables / sql, but same error).

The dts is something like select * from viewcaseexport where clientnum =
'WAZ'

The viewcaseexport is
SELECT c.caseid, c.clientnum, c.casenum, c.sourcemodule, c.sourcedocnum,
c.casevalue, c.admitted, c.recovered, c.restitutionowed, 1 AS numberofcase,
c.casetype, c.status, c.opendate, c.closedate, c."action", c.closebyuser,
c.casesource, c.method, c.method2, c.reportingagentfirstinitial,
c.reportingagentlastname, c.monthsemployedatcase, c.createdby,
c.subjecttype, c.offensetype, c.patrontype, c.jobtitle, c.outofficetime,
c.inofficetime, c.doh, c.dot, c.staffexecid, c.worktypeid, c.workaddress,
c.firstname, c.lastname, c.ssn, c.dob, c.identificationtypeid,
c.identificationtype, c.address, c.city, c.state, c.zip, c.phone,
c.gender::text AS gender, c.ethnicityid, c.ethnicity, c.militarybranch,
c.militarystatus, c.secagentnum, c.locationnum, c.store, c.locationaddress,
c.locationcity, c.locationstate, c.locationzip, c.locationphone,
c.districtnum, c.district, c.regionnum, c.region, c.divisionnum, c.division,
c.apprehdate, c."year", c.quarter, c."month", c.weekday, c.week, c."time",
c.signedstatement, c.ageatcase, c.cdacasetype, c.cdamerchandisedisp1,
c.cdamerchandisedisp2, c.cdaincaseof, c.cdaresponsiblesalut, c.cdarespfirst,
c.cdaresplast, c.cdaretailvalue, c.cdacash, c.cdadamagedmdse,
c.cdaotherdamages, c.cdafirstpayementdate, c.cdaregularpaymentamount,
c.cdaoriginalamount, c.cdatotalbalance, c.cdaincidentid, c.cdaobservedbyid,
c.cdaconcealedid, c.cdamdsedispid, c.cdasubjectdispid, c.cdaexited,
c.cdaallowpay, c.cdacdsigned, c.cdaidchecked, c.casereport
FROM tblcasehistory c
WHERE c.isdeleted = false;

Case history schema is:
CREATE TABLE tblcasehistory
(
caseid int4,
clientnum varchar,
casenum varchar,
sourcemodule char,
sourcedocnum varchar,
sourcedocid int4,
sourcemoduledesc text,
casevalue numeric,
admitted numeric,
recovered numeric,
restitutionowed numeric,
numberofcase int4,
casetype varchar,
status varchar,
opendate timestamp,
closedate timestamp,
"action" varchar,
closebyuser varchar,
casesource varchar,
method varchar,
method2 varchar,
reportingagentfirstinitial varchar,
reportingagentlastname varchar,
monthsemployedatcase int4,
chrmonthsemployedatcase varchar,
createdby varchar,
subjecttype varchar,
offensetype varchar,
patrontype varchar,
jobtitle varchar,
worktype varchar,
outofficetime varchar,
inofficetime varchar,
doh timestamp,
dot timestamp,
staffexecid varchar,
worktypeid varchar,
workaddress varchar,
firstname varchar,
lastname varchar,
subjectname text,
ssn varchar,
dob timestamp,
identificationtypeid int4,
identificationtype varchar,
address varchar,
city varchar,
state varchar,
zip varchar,
phone varchar,
testscore int4,
gender varchar,
ethnicityid int4,
ethnicity varchar,
militarybranch varchar,
militarystatus varchar,
secagentnum varchar,
secagentname varchar,
locationid int4,
regionid int4,
districtid int4,
divisionid int4,
locationnum varchar,
store varchar,
locationaddress varchar,
locationcity varchar,
locationstate varchar,
locationzip varchar,
locationphone varchar,
districtnum varchar,
district varchar,
regionnum varchar,
region varchar,
divisionnum varchar,
division varchar,
apprehdate timestamp,
"year" text,
quarter text,
"month" text,
weekday text,
week text,
"time" text,
signedstatement int4,
ageatcase int4,
cdacasetype varchar,
cdamerchandisedisp1 varchar,
cdamerchandisedisp2 varchar,
cdaincaseof varchar,
cdaresponsiblesalut varchar,
cdarespfirst varchar,
cdaresplast varchar,
cdaretailvalue numeric,
cdacash numeric,
cdadamagedmdse numeric,
cdaotherdamages numeric,
cdafirstpayementdate timestamp,
cdaregularpaymentamount numeric,
cdaoriginalamount numeric,
cdatotalbalance numeric,
cdaincidentid int4,
cdaobservedbyid int4,
cdaconcealedid int4,
cdamdsedispid int4,
cdasubjectdispid int4,
cdaexited varchar,
cdaallowpay varchar,
cdacdsigned varchar,
cdaidchecked varchar,
casereport text,
cdatransfer bool,
civilcase text,
merchandisetotal numeric,
casereferencenum varchar,
lpregionnum varchar,
lpmanager varchar,
restitutiontype varchar,
isdeleted bool
)

Joel Fradkin

Wazagua, Inc.
2520 Trailmate Dr
Sarasota, Florida 34243
Tel. 941-753-7111 ext 305

jfradkin(at)wazagua(dot)com
www.wazagua.com
Powered by Wazagua
Providing you with the latest Web-based technology & advanced tools.
C 2004. WAZAGUA, Inc. All rights reserved. WAZAGUA, Inc
This email message is for the use of the intended recipient(s) and may
recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and delete and destroy
all copies of the original message, including attachments.