Re: psql write in vbs download now

From: "Jan Klostermann" <klostermann(at)rhf(dot)de>
To: "'frank_lupo'" <frank_lupo(at)email(dot)it>, "'pgsql-interfaces'" <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql write in vbs download now
Date: 2002-11-15 13:54:25
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello Frank,

as far as I know, you are using the ADO-ODBC-interface from Windows
while programming Visual-Basic-Skript. If this is right, then it does
not help me. I do have a LabVIEW-ODBC-Interface. There are 2 available -
one from www.xon.de and another from www.ni.com . Unfortunately both
only work with Windows, as they invoke the DAO- / ADO-interface,
respectively, supplied by Windows.

I did not test yet, if this ODBC-interface supports PostgreSQL-features
like Arrays and stuff. Do you more about this?

What I would need instead, is a LabVIEW - PostgreSQL - Interface that is
portable with LabVIEW, which does not depend on OS-services. If it
allows a full-featured use of PSQL I would not mind at all an
ODBC-interface in between, as it gives extra flexibility.

The problem is, that I want to use this interface as well with LabVIEW
for Linux!!! Therefore the DAO- and ADO-interfaces do not work. That's
why I am looking for an alternative!

Programming an LabVIEW-ODBC-interface on my own, I find too complicated.
That's why I was looking for a way to adapt to one of the existing
interfaces, like pgeasy or libpg.

I hope this could clarify my problems a bit.

Jan