Backup Restore

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: Postgresql <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Backup Restore
Date: 2006-12-28 18:55:25
Lists: pgsql-general

PostgreSQL 8.1 running on Win XP. PGAdmin Version 1.6.2

When I backup my database on one computer using PG Admin 3 then attempt to open the file on a second computer - PG Admin does NOT recognize the file. The documentation isn't helpful, at least for a neophyte such as I.

Can someone point me to a simple instruction set for a backup/restore operation using the PG Admin resource??

Bob