Re: Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service

From: "Dave Steenburg" <dsteenburg(at)rogers(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble starting ipc-daemon as a service
Date: 2003-06-11 16:44:14
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Thanks for the info, Jason.

Though I had managed to change the user permissions indirectly through
Service Manager, I was interested in the ntrights tool as something that
might help in automating the install process I am working on. When I look
at the command options, however, I'm not sure there is an option
corresponding to "Log on as a service": here are the options given in the
command help for ntrights:

NTRights.Exe - Beta Version by Georg Zanzen
Grants/Revokes NT-Rights to a user/group
usage: -u xxx User/Group
-m \\xxx machine to perform the operation on (default local machine)
-e xxxxx Add xxxxx to the event log
-r xxx revokes the xxx right
+r xxx grants the xxx right
valid NTRights are:
SeCreateTokenPrivilege
SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeLockMemoryPrivilege
SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege
SeUnsolicitedInputPrivilege
SeMachineAccountPrivilege
SeTcbPrivilege
SeSecurityPrivilege
SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege
SeLoadDriverPrivilege
SeSystemProfilePrivilege
SeSystemtimePrivilege
SeProfileSingleProcessPrivilege
SeIncreaseBasePriorityPrivilege
SeCreatePagefilePrivilege
SeCreatePermanentPrivilege
SeBackupPrivilege
SeRestorePrivilege
SeShutdownPrivilege
SeAuditPrivilege
SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege
SeChangeNotifyPrivilege
SeRemoteShutdownPrivilege

Does one of these cover permissions to "Log on as a service" ?

Dave