Strange Behavior

From: "pcampaigne" <pcampaigne(at)charter(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Strange Behavior
Date: 2003-03-24 18:56:41
Lists: pgsql-novice

My application stores and retreives rows from a postgresql 7.2 database using jdbc and Tomcat4.0.6.

The initbd and postmaster were run by "postgres"user and the jdbc logon
code uses "postgres" with no password.
I can register and login so I know that postgresql is storing the username
and pasword info, however, when I login to the interactive terminal using:
psql -h localhost -U postgres NBA
and run the command,
SELECT * FROM REPORTER;"
I get zero rows returned. There must be at least 1 row or the application
wouldn't allow me to login but the query doesn't return the row.
I don't get it?
Phil