Re: Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (w32)

From: "Wes Williams" <wes_williams(at)fcbonline(dot)net>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 8.0 to 8.1 (w32)
Date: 2005-11-08 12:58:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

Another interesting tidbit.

Executing the same SQL backup file in pgAdmin III SQL query window failed
and returns an error based on some line number (after removing the
previously indicated errors).

Interestingly, using the suggested from the CLI:

psql -d mydatabase -f /path/to/backup/file

and the backup loaded just fine. Then I emptied the database and tried the
original backup, functions and all. In this instance the command line
returned some errors/warnings but still proceeded to load my data. 8)

Thanks again Oliver!