Re: palloc() under cygwin?

From: Helmut Hänsel <Helmut(dot)Haensel(at)uni-bayreuth(dot)de>
To: <rurban(at)x-ray(dot)at>
Cc: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: palloc() under cygwin?
Date: 2004-10-20 10:23:21
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

> Helmut Hänsel schrieb:
> > I was trying to add a c-function to postgreSQL, running under cygwin.
> > I have installed and compiled the 8.0.0cvs from scratch, postmaster is
> > working fine :-)
> >
> > #define _XOPEN_SOURCE
> > #include "postgres.h"
> > #include "fmgr.h"
> > #include <unistd.h>
> > #include <fcntl.h>
> > #include <stdio.h>
> > #include <sys/types.h>
> > #include <sys/wait.h>
> >
> > PG_FUNCTION_INFO_V1(pg_crypt);
> > Datum
> > pg_crypt(PG_FUNCTION_ARGS)
> > { int32 new_varchar_size=13+VARHDRSZ;
> > VarChar *new_t = (VarChar *) palloc(new_varchar_size);
> > /* ... */
> > PG_RETURN_VARCHAR_P(new_t);
> > }
> >
> > compiling is successful, but linking leads to
> >
> > pg_func.o(.text+0x4f):pg_func.c: undefined reference to
> > `__imp__CurrentMemoryContext'
> >
> > If I try using pgport_palloc() instead of palloc() ( in my despair;-)
> > the source is compiled and linked without error but as soon as the
pg_crypt
> > is executed from within a psql session, the postmaster crashes with
signal
> > 11.
> >
> > Any Help?
> > Would be really great !!!
> >
> > Helmut
> >
> > P.S.: The function is tested and works fine under a LINUX environment
>
> looks like another IPC problem, similar to the plperl problem.
> increase shmem buffer size?
>
> --
> Reini Urban
> http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/

I had this idea already, but increaseing the momory size didn't help:

I still wonder whether I should use palloc() or pgport_palloc() and what I
could do in order to get the palloc() version properly linked. In my eyes
dirmod.c should be involved somehow as that is the place where palloc() is
redefined.

BTW, the same happens under MinGW.