Re: Uninstalling PostgreSQL

From: "- Barry -" <mail(at)polisource(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Uninstalling PostgreSQL
Date: 2004-06-25 10:04:36
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

I found out that on Windows XP Home, you need to log on in safe mode to get
full access to permission controls when you right click a file, or you have
to use CACLS at the command prompt. I was able to delete the cygwin
directory by logging on in safe mode, though the security tab features were
difficult to understand.

First I tried CACLS from the C:\cygwin directory. I entered:

CACLS *.* /t /e /g Owner:f

and the response was:

Processed file: C:\cygwin\Thumbs.db
The data is invalid

Then I tried:

del Thumbs.db

and the response was:

Could not find C:\cygwin\Thumbs.db

Maybe that makes sense. I wasn't sure about the commands. At least it's all
over now.