PSQL NEWBIE - RUNTIME ERROR

From: "FTL Africa" <ftla(at)mutare(dot)icon(dot)co(dot)zw>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: PSQL NEWBIE - RUNTIME ERROR
Date: 2003-06-27 15:07:53
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I am a fairly new user of postgresql on linux. I have followed the instruction quite well, I'm sure. I have been working on the first program example in C and am getting an error when I run the first program test "testlibpq.c" (I haven't tried the other tests). This is the error msg I am getting:

./testlibpq:error in loading shared libraries

libpq.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory.

These are the version I am working with:

postgreSQL : 7.2.1

linux : 2.0.32

gcc : 2.7.2.3

I compiled using:

cc -c -I/usr/local/pgsql/include testlibpq.c

linked with:

cc -0 testlibpq testlibpq.0 -L/usr/local/psql/lib -lpq

ran with:

./testlibpq

Any help will be highly appreciated. I am stuck at this point right now.

Thanks In Advance,

Litso