ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query

From: "David Wall" <d(dot)wall(at)computer(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query
Date: 2001-04-21 23:26:49
Lists: pgsql-general

When using the latest 7.1 release with JDBC, if I do two "group deletes" (each transaction deletes about 10 messages, which probably translates to deleting 30-40 rows from 3-4 tables on the same connection), I am getting the following errors in my server log.

ERROR: SET TRANSACTION ISOLATION LEVEL must be called before any query
NOTICE: current transaction is aborted, queries ignored until end of transaction block

I have to kill my client before I can do anything more.

David