Question of postgresql

From: kent(at)ematters(dot)net(dot)cn
To: <pgsql-general(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Question of postgresql
Date: 2000-09-11 08:49:09
Lists: pgsql-general

subscribe

hello!

I'm a devloper now using the postgresql. I have some questions about postgresql when
use it. Please help me.

1. Dose postgresql support the nested transaction ?

2. In my project, I used postgresql and my program need keepping a long time
connection to the database, but when it connect to database and have no
action for a long time,the connection will be break by backend, and when my
program execute sql statement at this time, some error was occured and the
content of sqlca.errorm.errormc:

'PQsendQuery() -- There is no connection to the backend.' in line 194

Is there any way to configure the connection to keep a long times?
or Is there any way to resolve it?

Thanks!

kent
2000/09/11