Re: Simple Q: Does the ODBC driver support LONGVARCHAR?

From: "Byron Nikolaidis" <byron(dot)nikolaidis(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Adam Rossi" <adam(dot)rossi(at)platinumsolutions(dot)com>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Simple Q: Does the ODBC driver support LONGVARCHAR?
Date: 2000-06-19 23:18:54
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

You are supposed to query odbc for the "native" data type names and then use
that in your Create Table statement. Use the SQLGetTypeInfo() call -- the
TYPE_NAME field is what you want. You can pass either the specific type
(SQL_LONGVARCHAR) or SQL_ALL_TYPES to get all of them at once.

Quoting from the odbc spec about SQLGetTypeInfo()... TYPE_NAME: Data
Source-Dependent data type name... Applications must use this name in CREATE
TABLE and ALTER TABLE statements.

Byron