Re: Let's Do the CoC Right

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: "'Rajeev Bhatta'" <techie(dot)rajeev(at)yahoo(dot)in>, "'David E(dot) Wheeler'" <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, "'pgsql-general'" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Let's Do the CoC Right
Date: 2016-01-22 17:43:48
Lists: pgsql-general

David,

Again sorry for cutting thread. I just get the digest.

>> I am especially disgusted by the people behind http://contributor-covenant.org. They have done nothing but to silence the voices of minorities. That's being kind to them.

> Interesting. Got a link for context? I Googled, but saw nothing about controversy or other issues in the first few pages. Maybe I need to dig a little deeper?

Ruby is under heavy threat to adopt this, but they have not yet to my knowledge. Here is the thread:

https://bugs.ruby-lang.org/issues/12004

Reading the thread requires a lot of attention and also face recognition. So I shall point out the actors and actresses in this conversation you should pay close attention to:

Coraline Ada - https://www.patreon.com/coraline?ty=h - Please give money to her cause, as it's way more important than the poor folk who work to make PostgreSQL better for free and never ask you for a dime

Kurtis Rainbolt-Greene - https://twitter.com/krainboltgreene/status/611569515315507200 https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/941
Yes indeed he was very angered at Elia's (key Opal developer) saying gender reassignment is wrong for young children, and spending like $50,000 on gender reassignment is being out of touch with reality. Like me saying smokers are killing themselves and spending money on 3 packs of cigrarettes a day could be better used.

Strand McCutchen - https://github.com/opal/opal/issues/942 (wow what a trooper, he's going to help Opal polish off the Contributor Convenant so it's in a shape they can accept)

Ruby Creator - Yukihiro Matsumoto
And you must agree after seeing all the evidence that Yukihiro Matsumoto (who is not even a white guy) inventor of ruby must be a jerk for not adopting this wonderful thing to make people feel welcome and respected. What awful person would not. How about me?

Let's not forget about Meredith Patterson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI53yys3dbA&feature=youtu.be&t=538 What has she done for open source?
Please ignore the two white guys in the talk, they are just white guys with white guy opinions.

Thanks,
Regina