Newby to DB

From: Bob Pawley <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newby to DB
Date: 2005-05-31 19:24:04
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi

I'm a new user to Postgresql.

I've installed it as an application in Windows. My intent is to gain experience in using sql to build a database.

I'm having problems understanding how to begin.

When I start the database is there any indicator that it is actually running?

Do I need to add a server to access the database?

If so, what properties do I enter into the add server interface to add a server? Everything I've tried so far has been rejected.

Bob Pawley