Re: Getting to learn libpqxx

From: "Matt Fitzgerald" <mfitzgerald75(at)optushome(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "'Michiel Lange'" <michiel(at)minas(dot)demon(dot)nl>, <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Getting to learn libpqxx
Date: 2003-04-10 07:06:14
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Ok... some stupid questions:

1. I take it pqxx/connection.h is in the include path?
2. If so, what command are you using to compile the source?

Also, your connection string is not built correctly, 'connstring' is not a
class, thus it doesn't support any overloaded operators such as '<<' & '+'
etc.

Do some thing like this:

#include <sstream>

std::stringstream connstring;

connstring << "host=" << host << "database=" << dbase << "username=" <<
uname << "password=" << passwd;

// call connection constructor something like this:
Connection *db = new Connection(connstring.str().c_str());

Etc.. etc.. also, as 'bool Immediate' defaults to 'true' you don't have to
specify it.

Regards,
-Matt