From: "Valery Kocubinsky" <kocubinsky(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Date: 2001-09-10 12:24:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

POSTGRESQL BUG REPORT TEMPLATE

Your name : Valery Kocubinsky
Your email address :kocubinsky(at)yahoo(dot)com

System Configuration
---------------------
Architecture (example: Intel Pentium) :Intel Pentium

Operating System (example: Linux 2.0.26 ELF) :Linux 2.4 ELF (RedHat 7.1)

PostgreSQL version (example: PostgreSQL-7.1.3): PostgreSQL-7.1.3

Compiler used (example: gcc 2.95.2) :

I have duplicate value of column in table with unique index on this column.

Please describe a way to repeat the problem. Please try to provide a

For example I have table
url ( id integer ,url varchar(256) unique,crc32 bigint);
Programm insert data into url table.After I'm getting error can' insert duplicate value if I try update this table.
I also can't run vacuum on this table.Vaccum write can't insert duplicate value.
When I try select duplicate value
select url,count(url) from url group by url having count(url)>1;
I get empty result.
I can found duplicate value only by query
select id from url where crc32 in ( select crc32,count(crc32) from url group by crc32 having count(crc32)>1);

I had this problem with other tables .

For insert row I use jdbc .

I insert rows from different connections .Different thread can write the same data in one time .

2. I had also another porblem.When I try insert,update and select data from differert thread with different connection
I get SQLException "query return no result"

If you know how this problem might be fixed, list the solution below: