problems with GRANT on Solaris 8

From: "Martin A(dot) Marques" <martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problems with GRANT on Solaris 8
Date: 2000-09-11 10:05:28
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm running postgresql 7.0.2 on Solaris 8 and I get errors when I try to
grant a user. The query and error are ike this:

horde=# GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE ON active_sessions TO martin;
ERROR: aclparse: non-existent user "martin"
horde=#

Now, user martin exists on as a system user (it's my personal user acount),
and I'm runnig the query as postgres user (the database superuser).

What can be wrong?

Thanks!

--
"And I'm happy, because you make me feel good, about me." - Melvin Udall
Martn Marqus email: martin(at)math(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar