RE: Adding YUM packages to repository

From: "Regina Obe" <lr(at)pcorp(dot)us>
To: 'Devrim Gündüz' <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, <pgsql-pkg-yum(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, "'Bruno Lavoie'" <bl(at)brunol(dot)com>
Subject: RE: Adding YUM packages to repository
Date: 2020-10-15 17:00:23
Lists: pgsql-pkg-yum

Yah having a tagged release is a good first step. Packagers don’t like distributing extensions without a tagged release as it’s too hard to troubleshoot if things go wrong.

It also gives a sense of commitment if the project is willing to do releases.

Last thing a packager wants is for people to rely on functionality in an extension and then the project stops working on newer releases of PostgreSQL and doesn’t want to put in the effort to make it work on newer releases.

Thanks,

Regina