Re: Starting PostgreSQL as an NT Service

From: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Starting PostgreSQL as an NT Service
Date: 2004-06-30 21:46:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

running pg_ctl from postgres account gives :

D:\pgsql\bin>LOG: could not recognize system timezone, defaulting to
"Etc/GMT-1"
HINT: You can specify the correct timezone in postgresql.conf.
LOG: database system was shut down at 2004-06-30 21:42:59 Central European
Daylight Time
LOG: checkpoint record is at 0/A76CC0
LOG: redo record is at 0/A76CC0; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG: next transaction ID: 492; next OID: 17227
LOG: database system is ready

,so it is working...

loged in again, unregistered service, set the PGDATA, registered service as:
pg_ctl register -N postgres -U postgres -P elephant5432
but the error is still here :-(
I'll try to figure out what is wrong by putting some debug messages inside
"find_other_exec" function.

Regards !