... WHERE "column" = 'string'

From: "Jarmo Paavilainen" <netletter(at)comder(dot)com>
To: "PostgreSQL Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)hub(dot)org>
Subject: ... WHERE "column" = 'string'
Date: 2000-10-05 17:09:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Im still trying to figure out how postgre does things. And Im clueless.

Somewhere inside the backend there must occur a compare between "column" and
'string'. But where (and how)?

Ive been messing around with the source code in Linux, but with no success.

// Jarmo

PS. dbinit failed when I was trying out my own build. But I told it to keep
the files it created, and the postmaster worked as it should (could create
table, select and insert without problem. Is this a known problem with
dbinit? or should I try to figure out what went wrong. DS.