How do I connect to postgreSQL via an application?

From: "Peter Cook" <petercook69(at)bigpond(dot)com>
To: <majordomo-owner(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How do I connect to postgreSQL via an application?
Date: 2005-09-20 02:15:35
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have a Java Application runnibng on Windows 2000.

Initially it accessed an Access database, and now that I have installed postgreSQL, I want to configure it to access postgreSQL.

Is there a single document that can take me through the steps, or can someone give me a simple checklist of what I need to do.

I would appreciate your help.

Your sincerely

Peter Cook