Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

From: "Sean Davis" <sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
To: "Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>, "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-07-25 02:48:46
Lists: pgsql-novice

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>
To: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>; "Sean Davis"
<sdavis2(at)mail(dot)nih(dot)gov>
Sent: Sunday, July 24, 2005 8:58 PM
Subject: RE: [NOVICE] Utility to Convert MySQL to PostgreSQL

>I have C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\doc\contrib and C:\Program
> Files\PostgreSQL\8.0\share\contrib but no folder mysql in either of them
> nor
> a file with the name mysql in it.

Ah, Windows. The scripts are in the source distribution in the
contrib/mysql directory, which may not be kept on Windows. I'm not sure
where (if anywhere) those end up in Windows. You can always just download
the source distro and get them from there. Again, the other alternative is
to use SQL::Translator, but I'm not sure about ActiveState availability....

Sean