pgsql procedures??

From: Maurício Paiva <mauricio(at)acesso-online(dot)com(dot)br>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgsql procedures??
Date: 2003-09-24 23:21:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

What we are trying to figure out is if postgresql supports
returning multiple result sets from a stored procedure (psql
function?)

For example in MSSQL's Northwind database you can create the
following stored procedure:

<mssql-proc>
CREATE PROCEDURE "test"
AS
SELECT * FROM Orders
SELECT * FROM Customers
GO
</mssql-proc>

This would return two datasets from the procedure.
We are unsure as to how to map this in to a pgsql equivalent.