pltcl and LDAP

From: "Joe Conway" <jconway2(at)home(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pltcl and LDAP
Date: 2000-02-20 19:55:18
Lists: pgsql-sql

I'm working on a project right now which involves updating an LDAP directory
from a PostgreSQL database. The database includes a table called
employee_data. I would like to use the tclLDAP library from within a pltcl
function and create a trigger on the employee_data table to update the LDAP
directory every time something changes.

I have been able to get the tclLDAP functions to work properly from with
pgtclsh, but not from within pltcl. The documentation states that pltcl uses
a safe interpreter which does not allow a tcl load command.

Has anyone else tried to do this, i.e. synch up a PostgreSQL database with a
LDAP directory? If so, how? I have considered just writing a pgtclsh script
and run it from a chron, but I would prefer real time updates via a trigger
if possible.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe