Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters

From: "Sejin Oh" <soh(at)cyberix(dot)com>
To: "Jackson, DeJuan" <djackson(at)cpsgroup(dot)com>, "Bruce Momjian" <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Question about multiple postmasters
Date: 1998-10-02 05:10:59
Lists: pgsql-admin

Postmaster is multi-proccess server..... i don't know why you would like to run multiple postmaster. it might make sence if you wanto run different userid for postmaster but still you can use pg_hda.conf file to control user access; therefore, in my opinion, I don't think it's good idea to run multiple postmaster in same server.

;)