Problem in installation

From: "Ashok" <tcsipl(at)del6(dot)vsnl(dot)net(dot)in>
To: <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Problem in installation
Date: 1999-03-08 16:25:24
Lists: pgsql-ports

I am reporting an installtion problem I faced (most probably trivial). I am testing PostgreSQL for
implementation in a project.

Details:
1 Environment:
RedHat Linux 5.2 (Apollo)
Kernel 2.0.36 on i686
Postgresql 6.4.2
Fisrt time installation
2. Method
Exactly as described in the installation (Admin doc)
3. Problem
At the step of running 'initdb', it exits with the message 'Syntax Error 2306: parse error'.
This occurs exactly after line No 2307 of 'template1_**.source', imeediately after
the line opening and closing 'pg_dedcription' and does not execute any of the default
statements regarding directories and xg* files
4. Please advise. I don't wnat to tamper with any code now.
Thanks