MS SQL 2K replication/backup

From: "Jason M(dot) Kuhlman" <jkuhlman(at)oglecounty(dot)org>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: MS SQL 2K replication/backup
Date: 2003-03-18 18:52:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello
We would like to expose some data live to the internet, but some of our
departments are deep in MS SQL. I know it's possible to replicate SQL to
PostGreSQL. Our data isn't time sensitive so we wouldn't have to have it
replicate live. What I would like to do is set up a script to
replicate/dump the tables once a night, but I'm not having any luck.

With this scenario this PostGreSQL database could then be a "sort of" backup
also. Would it be possible, if needed to push these databases back into MS
SQL? I have been going through the archives for a couple of days, but most
posts seem to be about real time replications.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks