RE: [HACKERS] TODO item

From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Tatsuo Ishii" <t-ishii(at)sra(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: RE: [HACKERS] TODO item
Date: 2000-02-10 00:32:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tatsuo is afraid of the delay of WAL
OTOH,it's not so easy to solve this item in current spec.
Probably he wants a quick and simple solution.

His solution is only for limited OS but is very simple.
Moreover it would make FlushBufferPool() more reliable(
I don't understand why FlushBufferPool() is allowed to not
call fsync() per page.).

The implementation would be in time for 7.0.
Is a temporary option unitl WAL bad ?

Regards.

Hiroshi Inoue
Inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp