Re: where is libpq-fe.h

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: "Andy Joseph" <ahjoseph(at)engin(dot)umich(dot)edu>, <hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: where is libpq-fe.h
Date: 2000-05-26 23:59:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 26 May 2000, Andy Joseph wrote:

> Can someone point me to where I can obtain libpq-fe.h? I'm trying to build the postgres driver for AOL server and this file is missing from the AOL source code. I downloaded postgres 7.0 source code and couldn't find it there.
>
> thanks in advance,

It is distributed as part of PostgreSQL 7.0 -- after the ./configure; make;
make install sequence, check in the include directory of the PostgreSQL install
tree. On a RedHat system, it goes into /usr/include/pgsql. On a standard
installation, using /usr/local/pgsql as the installation dir, it should be in
/usr/local/pgsql/include AFTER the make install. You need to specify the
PostgreSQL include directory in the AOLserver nspostgres makefile.

--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio