syntax error on Function return setoff

From: Garry Chen <gc92(at)cornell(dot)edu>
To: "pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: syntax error on Function return setoff
Date: 2018-01-26 18:39:27
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi All,
I have a working function that returns setoff record was created under porstgresql 9.6 but when I try to create the same function under release 10 it gives me error type”recode” does not exist. Therefore, I changed it to RETURNS SETOF table_name.column%varachar(7) I got syntax error. Can anyone let me know the right syntax?

Thank you very much,
Garry